It’s the final round of 2018 for our Scottish Championship competitors and its all to play for, as championship honours get decided after a long season of racing! Expect wheel to wheel action as our top drivers challenge to place their names in the history books as Scottish Champions!
On the day our expert commentary team will provide up to the minute live race commentary, pit-lane scoops and behind the scenes interviews and discussions. And, our interactive text the tower and Twitter commentary will provide an additional platform to engage with the event. The open and accessible paddock allows you to get up close to the same machines, and drivers, you’ll see whizz past on track, at speeds in excess of 140mph.
Additional points of note:
- SMRC race days are great value for money with 8 hours or fast and furious action that will keep you and your family/friends and relatives enthralled from start to finish
- You’ll see 130+ of Scotland’s top racing drivers compete in a wide variety of vehicles and Championships.
- Spectacular viewing areas are available throughout the venue and multiple corners can be seen from several locations.
- Remember to bring your camera, you’ll be amazed how close you can get to the action – and it’s a perfect way to showcase what you’ve been up to at Knockhill.
- There’s also a family play park, picnic area and expanded Kids’ Zones at certain events (see event features); perfect for those moments when you need the kids to let off some steam.
- Family and kids karting is also available at our 500m, outdoor, track (subject to availability).
- Spectator car parking areas allow you to watch the action from the comfort of your car, when the weather takes a turn for the worse.
- As well our two on-site restaurants, there are always a number of other outlets to purchase food and beverages from.
Who is this event for?
Our SMRC racedays are an exciting and action-packed day out suitable for families of all ages. Members of the public can watch multiple racing classes on one day, with up to 30 competitors competing on track at any given time; there’s always plenty of fast-paced entertainment on view, alongside plenty of heart-stopping incidents to talk about on the journey home.
What is the SMRC?
The Scottish Motor Racing Club (SMRC) is Scotland’s premier car racing club and features members from up and down the country, competing on track for Scottish Championship titles. The Club, organises and administers a series of events each year, with points scored at each round determining the overall Scottish Champions for each class.
When do the events take place?
SMRC events take place throughout the year at Knockhill Racing Circuit. The SMRC also takes some of its member classes to other UK circuits throughout the year. At Knockhill, the SMRC hosts seven individual events that take place once a month (from April to October), with the series reaching a dramatic climax at the final event of the year (October).
Why attend this event?
The SMRC racedays feature a full day-long programme of racing with up to 18 races competing on track in one day. The SMRC is made up of seven main Championship classes – with sub classes within each main class. On any given SMRC raceday you’ll see competing races for the following Championships:
- The Celtic Speed Mini Cooper Cup
- The Scottish Formula Ford 1600 Championship
- The Scottish Saloons and Sports Car Championship
- The Scottish Classic Sports and Saloons Championship
- The Scottish Fiesta & Hot Hatch Championship
- The Scottish Legends Championship
- The Scottish BMW Compact Cup
How to book?
Tickets for all seven SMRC meetings held at Knockhill this year are available via the KNOCKHILL website. Knockhill Racing Circuit administers, dispatches and manages all ticket requests for the events. Booking online saves money with all advanced tickets subject to pre-booking discounts. Tickets can also be purchased over the phone (01383 723337) or purchased at the venue on the day of the event (subject to on the day pricing).
Further information on each SMRC class is available via the features dropdown on this page, with links to the class info on the SMRC website. You can also keep up to date with all the latest SMRC event news and reports by checking out the News dropdown.
You can also find more info via the Official SMRC Website - SMRC Website