It’s the opening round of the year for the Super Lap Scotland Championship hopefuls. It will be the first opportunity for the elite competitors in each of the seven classes to stake a claim for 2017 Championship glory. The action will be fast, fraught and frantic. Elsewhere on the day, there will be a host of additional features both on and off-track. See the features tab for more info, but here’s a quick run through of what’s happening on the day:-
- Super Lap Scotland powered by Rockstar Energy Drink– Round 1 of the seven round Championship featuring some of the fastest modified cars in Scotland
- Clio Sport Owners Club Scotland Trackday Sessions – This exciting car club will take to the track for short bursts of Trackday action. Expect to see a wide range of Renault Clio Sports amongst other track and road machinery.
- Drift Demo – We’ll have several of the leading Scottish Drifting competitors on site, and on track, with their 2017 SDC Drift machines to preview our SDC event on November 4th
- Clean and Scene – This event will also feature a Show Car event with upwards of 250 cars on display with a Show’n’Shine contest
What is it?– Super Lap Scotland is not racing, it is however a very intense time-trial challenge event, where competitors compete throughout the day to post the fastest overall time in each of the seven classes. All classes are based on the power-to-weight ratio of each car and driver; which allows even the most modest of road cars the opportunity to compete against the super-tuned monsters out on track; with points awarded for qualifying positions and overall finishing positions in each class. Meaning that a class F competitor (least powerful) could easily take the overall Championship title from a Pro class competitor (most powerful) by scoring more points throughout the season, giving us an overall "King of Knockhill".
What will l see? – You’ll see highly-tuned machines (Pro class) tackle the twists and dips of the two Knockhill track configurations at blisteringly fast speeds, with each competitor looking to string together that ‘PERFECT’ lap and top the timesheets against all the competition. You’ll see a plethora of vehicles, all shapes and sizes, and you’ll see some mighty impressive engineering under the bonnet of popular marques like Subaru, Mitsubishi, Caterham, Vauxhall, Ford and many more.
Championship Rounds- This year’s SLS Championship will take place over seven rounds, with all taking place at Knockhill; utilising both the International and Reverse tracks. At each event, we’ll also have additional features such as visiting race series, Car Trackday Sessions, Show Cars and Drifting; please see each individual round for full details on what’s featuring at that event.
- Sunday 16th April
- Sunday 14th May
- Saturday 8th July
- Sunday 9th July
- Saturday 26th August
- Sunday 27th August
- Sunday 17th September
Who is it for? – The SLS Championship is for everyone - from individual racers/trackday enthusiasts looking for additional seat time, to men and women on the street looking to take their first step on track, or, for those looking to make their first foray into timed competition run under MSA rules. Our seven classes feature an array of vehicles from 1000bhp brutes down to standard road cars, driven to and from the circuit. Basically, if you own a car and want to compete on track, we’ll have a class that you can enter.
- A separate award for road-going cars competing in standard trim, taxed, MOT’d and driven to (and hopefully from) the venue. Tuning companies, car clubs or groups of drivers may also compete for the Team Trophy, consisting of teams of between 2 & 4 drivers.
Rules and Permits – The Super Lap Scotland Championship powered By Rockstar Energy Drink is officially recognised by the MSA and runs to Super Sprint Championship guidelines.
Sponsors - Now in its fourth year, Super Lap Scotland Championship is brought to you in association with the Knockhill Motor Sports Club and Track Scotland, with title sponsorship coming from Rockstar Energy Drink. SLS also receives valuable support from RA Motorsport Developments, Clark Motorsport, Turbo Smart, AET Turbos, Whiteline, Turner Autosport as well as Track Formula and Meddicks Blacksmiths. Our sponsors are also a big part of the SLS scene, and regularly attend, compete and showcase their products at events. Make sure you come along to an SLS event and get some expert advice, tips and equipment from our SLS series sponsors