The SLS Championship contenders return for two further rounds of the 2017 SLS series. Rounds 5 and 6 will provide two days of highly charged competition, on both the Knockhill tracks – with those elite competitors in each class vying to claim top spot on the timing screens. Additionally the British Sprint Series will provide even more thrilling entertainment all weekend long.
We will also have up to 50 Trackday drivers take to the Knockhill circuit, with an exclusive German only session, so if you fancy taking to the track, even for the first time, and you have a German car, then make this event yours!
Off track, there will be Car Club Stands and parades of the German cars on show. All German models are welcome, so if you have an Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Opel, Porsche or VW, come along and enjoy this German car festival. Even if you don't own a German car, but would like to take your vehicle on track - spaces can be booked via our Trackdays Section.
See the features tab for more info, but here’s a quick rundown of the event:-
- Super Lap Scotland – Round 5 of the 2017 Series will take place on the Reverse Circuit
- British Sprint – The British Sprint competitors will embark on another Reverse Circuit time-trial event behind the wheel of stunningly fast F1-style single seat racers
- Super Lap Scotland – Round 6 of the 2017 Series will take place on the International Circuit
- British Sprint – The British Sprint competitors will take their F1-style single seat racers for another blast on track;
- Car Track Day Sessions – all makes and models of vehicle welcome ( only 50 places available);
- German only track driving session
- Clubs and private owners showcasing an eclectic mix of German models
- Show ‘n’ Shine competitions with trophies for ‘best in class’ models
- Trade Stands promoting car care products and accessories
What is it?– Super Lap Scotland is not racing, it is however a very intense time-trial challenge event, where competitors compete throughout the day to post the fastest overall time in each of the seven classes. All classes are based on the power-to-weight ratio of each car and driver; which allows even the most modest of road cars the opportunity to compete against the super-tuned monsters out on track; with points awarded for qualifying positions and overall finishing positions in each class. Meaning, that a class F competitor (least powerful) could easily take the overall Championship title from a Pro class competitor (most powerful) by scoring more points throughout the season, giving us an overall "King of Knockhill".
What will l see? – You’ll see highly-tuned machines (Pro class) tackle the twists and dips of the two Knockhill track configurations at blisteringly fast speeds, with each competitor looking to string together that ‘PERFECT’ lap and top the timesheets against all the competition. You’ll see a plethora of vehicles, all shapes and sizes, and you’ll see some mighty impressive engineering under the bonnet of popular marques like Subaru, Mitsubishi, Caterham, Vauxhall, Ford and many more.
Championship Rounds- This year’s SLS Championship will take place over seven rounds, with all taking place at Knockhill; utilising both the International and Reverse tracks. At each event, we’ll also have additional features such as visiting race series, Car Trackday Sessions, Show Cars and Drifting; please see each individual round for full details on what’s featuring at that event.
- Sunday 16th April
- Sunday 14th May
- Saturday 8th July
- Sunday 9th July
- Saturday 26th August
- Sunday 27th August
- Sunday 17th September
Who is it for? – The SLS Championship is for everyone - from individual racers/trackday enthusiasts looking for additional seat time, to men and women on the street looking to take their first step on track, or, for those looking to make their first foray into timed competition run under MSA rules. Our seven classes feature an array of vehicles from 1000bhp brutes down to standard road cars, driven to and from the circuit. Basically, if you own a car and want to compete on track, we’ll have a class that you can enter.
- A separate award for road-going cars competing in standard trim, taxed, MOT’d and driven to (and hopefully from) the venue. Tuning companies, car clubs or groups of drivers may also compete for the Team Trophy, consisting of teams of between 2 & 4 drivers.
Rules and Permits – The Super Lap Scotland Championship powered By Rockstar Energy Drink is officially recognised by the MSA and runs to Super Sprint Championship guidelines.
Sponsors - Now in its fourth year, Super Lap Scotland Championship is brought to you in association with the Knockhill Motor Sports Club and Track Scotland, with title sponsorship coming from Rockstar Energy Drink. SLS also receives valuable support from RA Motorsport Developments, Clark Motorsport, Turbo Smart, AET Turbos, Whiteline, Turner Autosport as well as Track Formula, Toyo Tires, Meddicks Blacksmiths, ECU Master, FMIC.eu Performance and Nolathane. Our sponsors are also a big part of the SLS scene, and regularly attend, compete and showcase their products at events. Make sure you come along to an SLS event and get some expert advice, tips and equipment from our SLS series sponsors.