On Sunday 18th September, Knockhill Racing Circuit will reverberate to the sound of hundreds of tuned and customised cars in our spectacular Paul Walker Tribute and Super Lap Scotland powered by Rockstar Energy Drink Event. The event will not only showcase a multitude of action on-track, but off it we’ll see the biggest collection of Show Cars that Knockhill has ever hosted – with upwards of 400 models from leading clubs and manufacturers lined up throughout the venue.
It’s also the final of our 2016 SLS Championship season that will see the elite divers in each of the series’ six classes complete flat-out on the Reverse Circuit to record the fastest time in each class to ultimately be crowed SLS ‘King of the Hill’ for 2016 – an award open to both standard road cars and fire-spitting 1000bhp brutes.
In between the SLS action, there will be a whole host of additional features at this event including stunt shows, trackday action, show ‘n’ shine competitions and a track invasion at the end of the day – led onto track by up to four replica movie cars including the Green Eclipse show car. Here’s a short bulleted list of what’s on:-
- The Fast and the Furious movie will be playing in paddock 2 at the heart of the show arena on the GoGo Vision Big Screen.
- SLS Championship Final – featuring some of the fastest modified cars in Scotland all competing on track for that ‘Perfect Lap’
- Paul Walker Tribute – Moment of noise, message board and fundraising for Reach Out Worldwide
- Fast & Furious Cars – We’ll have a number of replica cars from the movies on show
- American Muscle Cars – Collection of muscle cars just like the one Vin Diesel drove in the movies
- Show Car Zone – As well as the feature Paul Walker cars we’ll be hosting another gathering with up to 400 cars on show – the biggest we’ve seen at Knockhill
- Show ‘n’ Shine – The customary Show and Shine competitions will be in full swing with trophies and Autosmart goodies from Autosmart Fife for the best models .
- Track Day Sessions – A number of car track sessions will run on the day, allowing you to take to the Knockhill track in your own car (fully booked)
- Drift the Hill Contest – We’ll have some of Scotland’s top drifters taking on the ‘Hill’ and the Hairpin
- Drag Racing - Watch lunch break drag races from Scotland fastest road cars.
- Pilbeam Judd - Stewart Robb Jr. will attemp an outright lap record in his serious fast Pilbeam Judd single seat racer
- Trade Sites – Our enthusiastic SLS sponsors will be on hand to help you with any development/tuning plans you may have for your vehicle
- Selfie Time – We’ll have a couple of the SLS Promo Girls roving around our paddocks taking selfies with generous attendees who donate to charity on the day
- Track Invasion – All cars left on-site at the end of the day will be invited to head out onto track (at a controlled pace) to form up for a final photo opportunity
What is it?– Super Lap Scotland powered by Rockstar Energy Drink is not racing, it is however a very intense time-trial challenge event, where competitors compete throughout the day to post the fastest overall time in each of the six classes. All classes are based on the power-to-weight ratio of each car and driver; which allows even the most modest of road cars the opportunity to compete against the super-tuned monsters out on track; with points awarded for qualifying positions and overall finishing positions in each class. Meaning that a class F competitor (least powerful) could easily take the overall Championship title from a Pro class competitor (most powerful) by scoring more points throughout the season, giving us an overall "King of Knockhill".
What will l see? – You’ll see highly-tuned machines (Pro class) tackle the twists and dips of the two Knockhill track configurations at blisteringly fast speeds, with each competitor looking to string together that ‘PERFECT’ lap and top the timesheets against all the competition. You’ll see a plethora of vehicles, all shapes and sizes, and you’ll see some mighty impressive engineering under the bonnet of popular marques like Subaru, Mitsubishi, Caterham, Vauxhall, Ford and many more.
Championship Rounds- This year’s SLS Championship will take place over six rounds, with all taking place at Knockhill; utilising both the International and Reverse tracks. At each event, we’ll also have additional features such as Hot Hatch Sessions, Show Cars and Drifting; please see each individual round for full details on what’s featuring at that event.
- Sunday 17th April - Clockwise
- Saturday 21st May – Reverse
- Sunday 22nd May – Clockwise
- Saturday 30th July – Reverse
- Sunday 31st July – Clockwise
- Sunday 18th Sept – Reverse
Who is it for? – The SLS Championship is for everyone - from individual racers/trackday enthusiasts looking for additional seat time, to men and women on the street looking to take the step on track, or, for those looking to make their first foray into timed competition run under MSA rules. Our seven class structure features an array of vehicles from 1000bhp brutes down to standard road cars, driven to and from the circuit. Basically, if you own a car and want to compete on track, we’ll have a class that you can enter.
- A separate award for road-going cars competing in standard trim, taxed, MOT’d and driven to (and hopefully from) the venue. Tuning companies, car clubs or groups of drivers may also compete for the Team Trophy, consisting of teams of between 2 & 4 drivers.
Rules and Permits – The Super Lap Scotland Championship is officially recognised by the MSA and runs to Super Sprint Championship guidelines.
Sponsors - Now in its third year, Super Lap Scotland is brought to you in association with the Knockhill Motor Sports Club and Track Scotland, with title sponsorship coming from Rockstar Energy Drink. SLS also receives valuable support from RA Motorsport Developments, Clark Motorsport, Turbo Smart, AET Turbos, Whiteline, HQ Garage and Turner Autosport. Our sponsors are also a big part of the SLS scene, and regularly attend, compete and showcase their products at events. Therefore, if you are thinking of upgrading your turbo, suspension or brakes this year; make sure you come along to an SLS event and get some expert advice, tips and equipment from our SLS series sponsors.