On Sunday 9th September, Knockhill Racing Circuit will reverberate to the sound of hundreds of tuned and customised cars in our spectacular Paul Walker Tribute and Super Lap Scotland, powered by Rockstar Energy Drink Event. The event will not only showcase a multitude of action on-track, but off it we’ll see the biggest collection of Show Cars that Knockhill has ever hosted – with hundreds of models from leading clubs and manufacturers lined up throughout the venue.
It’s also the final of our 2018 SLS Championship season that will see the elite divers in each of the series’ seven classes compete flat-out to record the fastest time in each class to ultimately be crowned SLS ‘King of the Hill’ for 2018 – an award open to both standard road cars and fire-spitting 1000bhp brutes.
In between the SLS action, there will be a whole host of additional features at this event including stunt shows, trackday action, show ‘n’ shine competitions and a track invasion at the end of the day for all spectators.
Here’s a short bulleted list of what’s on:-
- SLS Championship Final – featuring some of the fastest modified cars in Scotland all competing on track for that ‘Perfect Lap’
- *NEW* Rockstar Energy Chase Series - The pinnacle of the day, an all-or-nothing race open to all classes and based on a time aggregate format
- Paul Walker Tribute – Featuring hundreds of modified and performance showcars and our Moment of Noise!
- Kevin Carmichael's Stunt Show - Two performances from the world famous stuntman during the day will entertain all ages
- Simulator Ride - Hold on tight and take a ride in this high tech motorsport simulator (tickets are chargeable on the day)
- Bouncy Castle - Bring the kids to this family event
- Cammy's Magic Show- Talented local magician Cammy will be wowing the crowds with his street magic between 11.30 and 2.30
- Show Car Zone – We’ll be hosting another gathering with up to 400 cars on show – the biggest we’ve seen at Knockhill
- Show ‘n’ Shine – The customary Show and Shine competitions will be in full swing with trophies and Autosmart goodies from Autosmart Fife for the best models.
- CSOC Track Day Sessions – The Clio Sport Owners Club will have their very own Trackday sessions. Laying down rubber on our 1.3 mile circuit!
- Drag Racing - Watch lunch break drag races from Scotland fastest road cars.
- Trade Sites – Our enthusiastic SLS sponsors will be on hand to help you with any development/tuning plans you may have for your vehicle
- Track Invasion – All cars left on-site at the end of the day will be invited to head out onto track (at a controlled pace) to form up for a final photo opportunity
What is it?– Super Lap Scotland is not racing, it is however a very intense time-trial challenge event, where competitors compete throughout the day to post the fastest overall time in each of the seven classes. All classes are based on the power-to-weight ratio of each car and driver; which allows even the most modest of road cars the opportunity to compete against the super-tuned monsters out on track; with points awarded for qualifying positions and overall finishing positions in each class. Meaning, that a class F competitor (least powerful) could easily take the overall Championship title from a Pro class competitor (most powerful) by scoring more points throughout the season, giving us an overall "King of Knockhill".
What will l see? – You’ll see highly-tuned machines (Pro class) tackle the twists and dips of the two Knockhill track configurations at blisteringly fast speeds, with each competitor looking to string together that ‘PERFECT’ lap and top the timesheets against all the competition. You’ll see a plethora of vehicles in all shapes and sizes, and you’ll see some mighty impressive engineering under the bonnet of popular marques like Subaru, Mitsubishi, Caterham, Vauxhall, Ford and much more.
Championship Rounds- This year’s SLS Championship will take place over six rounds, with all taking place at Knockhill; utilising both the International and Reverse tracks. At each event, we’ll also have additional features such as visiting race series, Car Trackday Sessions and Show Cars; please see each individual round for full details on what’s featuring at that event.
- Sunday 22nd April
- Saturday 16th June (Reverse)
- Sunday 17th June
- Saturday 21st July (Reverse)
- Sunday 22nd July
- Sunday 9th September
Who is it for? – The SLS Championship is for everyone - from individual racers/trackday enthusiasts looking for additional seat time, to men and women on the street looking to take their first step on track, or, for those looking to make their first foray into timed competition run under MSA rules. Our seven classes feature an array of vehicles from 1000bhp brutes down to standard road cars, driven to and from the circuit. Basically, if you own a car and want to compete on track, we’ll have a class that you can enter.
- A separate award for road-going cars competing in standard trim, taxed, MOT’d and driven to (and hopefully from) the venue. Tuning companies, car clubs or groups of drivers may also compete for the Team Trophy, consisting of teams of between 2 & 4 drivers.
Rules and Permits – The Super Lap Scotland Championship powered By Rockstar Energy Drink is officially recognised by the MSA and runs to Super Sprint Championship guidelines.
Sponsors - Now in its fifth year, Super Lap Scotland Championship is brought to you in association with the Knockhill Motor Sports Club and Track Scotland, with title sponsorship coming from Rockstar Energy Drink. SLS also receives valuable support from RA Motorsport, Clark Motorsport, Samsonas, Turbosmart, AET Turbos, Track Formula, Whiteline, Nolathane, Turner Autosport, ECU Master, FMIC.EU Performance, Toyo Tires, Opie Olis, Ignite and Meddicks Blacksmiths. Our sponsors are also a big part of the SLS scene, and regularly attend, compete and showcase their products at events. Make sure you come along to an SLS event and get some expert advice, tips and equipment from our SLS series sponsors.
How To Take Part: We've launched a new Online Clubstand System to give clubs complete control over their attendances at events. Club Admins can now create their own clubs and at a glance see how many of their members are signed up to events. Over time Knockhill will be adding more functionality to this system based on your feedback. For those already registered on the online system, you DO NOT need to register again. Simply login with your existing ID and password. To register simply follow the instructions below:
For Club Admins:
- Simply visit https://www.knockhill.com/clubstand/clubs/ and register your club.
- You will then be assigned a Club ID – please keep this safe as it will be needed by your members to sign up to the club.
- Simply pass on your Club ID to your members which they will input when registering online and therefore linking them to your club.
- Currently the only function of the admin page is to allow you to view the club members signed up for each event. We welcome any feedback you have on what you need from the system as admins. The goal is to make life easier for you all!
- Individuals who are not part of a club must sign up as an admin first and then as a member using the Club ID provided, so you can then book into events.
- Admins of car clubs must also sign up as a member using the steps below to confirm your own attendances.
For Club members:
- Visit https://www.knockhill.com/clubstand/members/ and click Register Here.
- Please remember to use the Club ID provided by your Club’s admin.
- After this you can now signup and buy tickets for the events using the individual event pages.
- We have also added a “Season Pass Holder” tick box in the ticket section, allowing Season Pass holders to register for an event without having to purchase a Showcar ticket.
If you have any questions or feedback please contact David Christie at firstname.lastname@example.org