This weekend at Knockhill will see the 2017 Super Lap Scotland Championship come to a dramatic conclusion on Sunday 17th September. The event will also feature our Paul Walker Tribute event that will see up to 400 cars on show – all competing in a number of Show ‘n’ Shine categories – sponsored by Autosmart.
The main action on the day will come from our Super Lap Scotland Championship as the seven class championships draw to a dramatic conclusion. A number of the main classes see the leaders take an unassailable lead into the final round. Colin Dorward (Pro), John Stevenson (A), George Rigby (B), Ian Bonthrone (D) and Fraser Jamieson (E) look odds-on to secure the class wins for 2017. However, Class C title honors will be fought out between Blair McConachie and Keith Cowie. Whilst, Class F will see Neil Methven face-off with Martin Brown and Marshall Wishart for the 2017 Championship win.
The King of the Hill trophy on the other hand is a close fought battle between up to seven competitors with Pro Class driver Colin Dorward leading the way on 239 points. Aside from the King of the Hill Trophy, there is still the Team’s, Road Car and CSOC Renault Trophy to play for this weekend. Action for the SLS guys will get underway with a series of practice sessions before the first points-scoring session of the day – qualifying at 1.45pm. From there, we’ll move straight to the single-lap finals to find our 2017 Super Lap Scotland powered by Rockstar Energy Drink Champions.
Customary with our final SLS event of the year, we’ll be hosting another Paul Walker Tribute event that will see replica cars, movies, tribute boards, moments of noise and a track invasion take place to commemorate the life of the Hollywood icon. Additionally, we’ll once again be raising funds for Paul Walker’s own charity – Reach Out Worldwide. Amongst the plethora of metal on show – we’ll have American muscle cars, individual owners and some of the UK’s top Car Clubs all competing for a number of show ‘n’ shine trophies. This event, is now one of the largest of it’s kind in Scotland and will attract up to 400 of Scotland’s finest show cars to Knockhill this Sunday.
Here’s some action from 2016:
Elsewhere, there are a whole host of add-ons – on and off track – that will keep you entertained throughout the day; which include:
• Super Hero Day – Come along in fancy dress and you’ll gain entry at the concession ticket price
• Rockstar Energy Drink Giveaways – competitions, giveaways and the chance to meet Rockstar athlete Tom Onslow Cole.
• Simulator Ride – Hold on tight and take a ride in this high tech motorsport simulator (tickets are chargeable on the day)
• Bouncy Castle – Bring the kids to this family event
• Cammy’s Magic – Talented local magician “Cammy’s Magic” will be wowing the crowds with his street magic between 12 and 2
• CSOC Track Day Sessions – The Renault Clio Sport Owners Club will be here for their final trackday outing of the season – a great attraction for all those Clio fans.
• Drift the Hill Contest – We’ll have some of Scotland’s top drifters taking on the ‘Hill’ and the Hairpin
• Drag Racing – Watch lunch break drag races from Scotland fastest road cars (1000bhp+).
• Trade Sites – Our enthusiastic SLS sponsors will be on hand to help you with any development/tuning plans you may have for your vehicle
There will also be a number of spaces available for the general public to sample the same twists and dips as our competing SLS drivers in their own cars. We have 25 spaces up for grabs in our Trackday Session. Drivers will enjoy 6 x 10 minute sessions on the day to drive the Knockhill track in their own vehicle in front of an enthusiastic audience. If you fancy getting into SLS next year, come along and enjoy the trackday session; and whilst you’re here talk to the SLS scruitneers about what you need to do to get your car on the start line for 2018. The advanced price of £65 includes your entry ticket and it’s advisable to book in advance as tickets will sell out. If you want to chance it on the day, your trackday session will cost £75 and you’ll also need to purchase a spectator ticket at the gate.So, if you want to get on track with like-minded enthusiasts to drive without the constraints of the public road, then give us a call on 01383 723337 or book online here.
We’d also like to take a moment to thank all of our 2017 sponsors – Rockstar Energy Drink for their title sponsorship and RA Motorsport Developments, AET Turbos, Turbosmart, Whiteline, Clark Motorsport, Samsonas, Extreme Performance Clutch, Turner Autosport, Nolathane, Meddicks, Toyo Tires, ECU Master, FMIC.EU Performance and Track Formula for being associate sponsors.
We are delighted to see the continuing development of SLS and would like to take this opportunity to thank all those involved in our events this year – officials, medics, marshals and of course, the competitors – without whom SLS wouldn’t be what it is today.
Hope you can join us for the final round.