Bike Racing

The first thing you need to do is join an ACU/SACU affiliated Club. This allows you to obtain the necessary form to apply for your Road Race licence.

For racing at Knockhill events, you can join our ACU/SACU Motor Sports Club for £20 - register now .

When you get your licence you will also received a copy of the current ACU rulebook. This is a very important document that contains all the relevant rules and regulations. The Road Race Section outlines what specifically you need to do to ensure your machine complies with the regulations for your class and the required standard for protective clothing (leathers, boots, gloves, helmet etc). In addition, you should also read the General Information pertaining to all disciplines as well as the Sporting Code.

How to get your SACU Race Licence

The main contacts for the Knockhill Club is Gemma on or phone 01383 723337.

Car Racing

Car racing with the SMRC has never been stronger in terms of numbers on the grid, close racing and variety of cars. It’s great fun, can be inexpensive if you choose the car and class you race in wisely. By far the best thing to do is speak to an expert within the class that interests you, come along to a race meeting and watch the action, chat to the drivers themselves and take advice on which car to buy.

Class contacts for any information are:

Celtic Speed Scottish Mini Cooper Cup Malcolm McNab
Scottish C1 Cup John Duncan
Scottish Classics Sports and Saloons Jimmy Crow
Scottish Fiesta & Hot Hatch Championship Hamish Smart
Scottish Formula Ford 1600 Championship Neil Broome
Scottish Legends Cars Championship Andrew Donald
Scottish Mini Cooper S Cup Paul Wilson
Scottish Saloons and Sports Car Championship Andrew Paterson

Car Racing in Scotland is organised by the Scottish Motor Racing Club (SMRC) who host around seven one day meetings a year at Knockhill. To join the club look up and download an application form.

Knockhill has been appointed as the sole venue in Scotland to administer the ARDS assessment course which must be completed before applying for your competition licence. To start car racing it is relatively easy but there are procedures to follow. You can also obtain a Starter Pack from Knockhill (01383 723337) or direct from the MSA. Study the contents, watch the DVD then go for a medical. After your medical, phone Knockhill and book a date for your ARDS Test (total cost including pack and 1st years license is £325). This is a theory and a practical test, which, one passed, you get your race licence for competing at Club level.


There is also Go Motorsport, an MSA scheme to encourage more interested people to become a marshal, become an official, start in any form of motorsport from auto testing to racing or find out more about the motorsport industry -