Now into its 8th year, the Scottish Ford Live & Track Day and Show, sponsored by Elite Automotive and AET Motorsport – in association with the Central & East and North East of Scotland RSOC Regional Groups - has grown year on year with 2017 acting as the biggest and best event yet. Up to 150 cars will take to the Knockhill track and some 350 plus Fords of all ages will be on show. We welcomed all Ford models, young and old, with participating Clubs/Owners travelling from as far afield as Durham and Oxford just to showcase their vehicles.
This event is also another of our fantastic 2018 Family Fun days with a balloon modelling, simulator and bouncy castles to make sure kids of all ages are entertained. This year, we are improving further on the number of cars participating and expanding the diversity of vehicles on show. We’re also working hard behind the scenes to entice a few ‘Special Exhibits’ never seen in Scotland.
The main features of the event will include:
- Hot Hatch track sessions – all makes and models of vehicle welcome
- Ford only track driving sessions
- 300 plus Fords on show
- Competition Fords on display including ex BTCC cars
- Tribute to the iconic RS500 & RS200
- M-Sport trade stand and display plus 2018 Tour de Corse winning Ford Fiesta WRC
- M Sport R-Spec Edition Ford Transits on display
- Clubs and private owners showcasing a huge mix of Ford models
- Show ‘n’ Shine competitions with trophies for ‘best in class’ models supplied by Autosmart Fife
- Trade Stands promoting car care products and accessories
- Special Ford Exhibits from MK1 & MK2 models onwards
- Special RS 500 gathering
- Colin McRae Ford Escort on display
- Carlos Sainz WRC rally Focus on display
- No Limits Cycle Show with Aaron Duke
- Cammy's Magic Shows
- Life size characters on show for the kids
- Some super family fun activies to do as part of our Super Six family events for 2018
What is Scottish Ford Live?
Scottish Ford live is a car track day and show where we welcome hundreds of Ford models from up and down the country, and beyond, to celebrate the famous Ford brand – both on-track and off – all in association with the Central & East and North East of Scotland RSOC regional groups.
What will l see at Scottish Ford Live?
It is two events in one! The main live activity of the day is, of course, the track day sessions where you will see individual car owners take to the famous twists and dips of the Knockhill track behind the wheel of a vast array of vehicles including Citroen, Renault, Subaru, BMW and Honda. We’ll also have dedicated Ford only sessions where you’ll see some of the most iconic Ford models being put through their paces on track including RS Escorts, Cosworths, Fiestas, Capris and much, much more.
Off-track is event number two! You will see upwards of 300 Ford cars on display, both from private individuals and Ford Owners’ Car Clubs – all with a single aim – to showcase their pride and joy to an enthusiastic audience. The man-hours alone spent on prepping these cars for the Show ‘n’ Shine element of the show is staggering, and quite simply, it is hard to believe that some of the cars are more than 40 years old, such is the pristine condition of their presentation.
Why should l come to Scottish Ford Live?
It’s a great family day out for all Ford fans! If you ever had a Ford or own a Ford, this event is for you! It’s very much like a time warp as you stroll along the rows and rows of some of the most iconic cars the planet has ever seen, such as MK1 and II Escorts, RS2000s and Sierra Cosworth RS500s. As well as the old cars, there will be plenty of the newer Focus and Fiesta ST lining the paddocks – in every conceivable colour you could imagine. It really is a Ford Owners’ paradise, and even if you are not a Ford fan, it's great to see how like-minded people and Car Clubs can come together to share in a common aim – to celebrate all things, Ford!
How To Take Part: We've launched a new Online Clubstand System to give clubs complete control over their attendances at events. Club Admins can now create their own clubs and at a glance see how many of their members are signed up to events. Over time Knockhill will be adding more functionality to this system based on your feedback. For those already registered on the online system, you DO NOT need to register again. Simply login with your existing ID and password. To register simply follow the instructions below:
For Club Admins:
- Simply visit https://www.knockhill.com/clubstand/clubs/ and register your club.
- You will then be assigned a Club ID – please keep this safe as it will be needed by your members to sign up to the club.
- Simply pass on your Club ID to your members which they will input when registering online and therefore linking them to your club.
- Currently the only function of the admin page is to allow you to view the club members signed up for each event. We welcome any feedback you have on what you need from the system as admins. The goal is to make life easier for you all!
- Individuals who are not part of a club must sign up as an admin first and then as a member using the Club ID provided, so you can then book into events.
- Admins of car clubs must also sign up as a member using the steps below to confirm your own attendances.
For Club members:
- Visit https://www.knockhill.com/clubstand/members/ and click Register Here.
- Please remember to use the Club ID provided by your Club’s admin.
- After this you can now signup and buy tickets for the events using the individual event pages.
- We have also added a “Season Pass Holder” tick box in the ticket section, allowing Season Pass holders to register for an event without having to purchase a Showcar ticket.
If you have any questions or feedback please contact David Christie at email@example.com