This weekend will see the first double-header for the 2018 Super Lap Scotland powered by Rockstar Energy Drink competitors. Two full-on days of competition will take place on the Knockhill tracks, featuring some of the fastest modified cars in Scotland capable of stunningly quick lap times. Elsewhere, we’ll be hosting our first ALL-WHEEL DRIVE themed car show (Sunday only) – featuring some of the country’s leading Subarus, Mitsubishis, GTRs, Quattros and a whole host of 600bhp.
- *NEW* All Wheel Drive Car Show (Sunday only)– This event will feature the best all-wheel drive vehicles that Scotland has to offer in a Show’n’Shine type contest.
- Super Lap Scotland powered by Rockstar Energy Drink– Rounds 2 and 3 of the six round Championship featuring some of the fastest modified cars in Scotland, battling to put their hands on the 2018 title
- Northern Saloon & Sports Car Championship - This weekend marks a welcome return to the Darlington & District Motor Club and the NSSCC and 2 thrilling races with 26 cars battling it out on circuit. 7 seperate car classes ensure close racing throughout the field!
- *NEW* Rockstar Energy Chase Series - The pinnacle of the day, an all-or-nothing race open to all classes and based on a time aggregate format to ensure an open playing field. With bonus points on offer towards the main championship, these races will prove to be absolutely crucial so expect LOTS of drama!
What is it?– Super Lap Scotland is a very intense time-trial challenge event, where competitors compete throughout the day to post the fastest overall time in each of the seven classes. All classes are based on the power-to-weight ratio of each car and driver; which allows even the most modest of road cars the opportunity to compete against the super-tuned monsters out on track; with points awarded for qualifying positions and overall finishing positions in each class. Meaning that a class F competitor (least powerful) could easily take the overall Championship title from a Pro class competitor (most powerful) by scoring more points throughout the season, giving us an overall "King of Knockhill".
What will l see? – You’ll see highly-tuned machines (Pro class) tackle the twists and dips of the two Knockhill track configurations at blisteringly fast speeds, with each competitor looking to string together that ‘PERFECT’ lap and top the timesheets against all the competition. You’ll see a plethora of vehicles, all shapes and sizes, and you’ll see some mighty impressive engineering under the bonnet of popular marques like Subaru, Mitsubishi, Caterham, Vauxhall, Ford and many more.
Championship Rounds- This year’s SLS Championship will take place over seven rounds, with all taking place at Knockhill; utilising both the International and Reverse tracks. At each event, we’ll also have additional features such as visiting race series, Car Trackday Sessions, Show Cars and Drifting; please see each individual round for full details on what’s featuring at that event.
- Sunday 22nd April
- Saturday 16th June (Reverse)
- Sunday 17th June
- Saturday 21st July (Reverse)
- Sunday 22nd July
- Sunday 9th September
Who is it for? – The SLS Championship is for everyone - from individual racers/trackday enthusiasts looking for additional seat time, to men and women on the street looking to take their first step on track, or, for those looking to make their first foray into timed competition run under MSA rules. Our seven classes feature an array of vehicles from 1000bhp brutes down to standard road cars, driven to and from the circuit. Basically, if you own a car and want to compete on track, we’ll have a class that you can enter.
- A separate award for road-going cars competing in standard trim, taxed, MOT’d and driven to (and hopefully from) the venue. Tuning companies, car clubs or groups of drivers may also compete for the Team Trophy, consisting of teams of between 2 & 4 drivers.
Rules and Permits – The Super Lap Scotland Championship powered By Rockstar Energy Drink is officially recognised by the MSA and runs to Super Sprint Championship guidelines.
Sponsors - Now in its fifth year, Super Lap Scotland Championship is brought to you in association with the Knockhill Motor Sports Club and Track Scotland, with title sponsorship coming from Rockstar Energy Drink. SLS also receives valuable support from RA Motorsport, Clark Motorsport, Performance Xtreme Clutch, Samsonas, Turbosmart, AET Turbos, Track Formula, Whiteline, Nolathane, Turner Autosport, ECU Master, FMIC.EU Performance, Toyo Tires and Meddicks Blacksmiths. Our sponsors are also a big part of the SLS scene, and regularly attend, compete and showcase their products at events. Make sure you come along to an SLS event and get some expert advice, tips and equipment from our SLS series sponsors.
How To Take Part: We've launched a new Online Clubstand System to give clubs complete control over their attendances at events. Club Admins can now create their own clubs and at a glance see how many of their members are signed up to events. Over time Knockhill will be adding more functionality to this system based on your feedback. For those already registered on the online system, you DO NOT need to register again. Simply login with your existing ID and password. To register simply click here : http://www.knockhill.com/clubstand
If you have any questions or feedback please contact David Christie at email@example.com