The Super Lap Scotland powered by Rockstar Energy Drink blasts back onto the Knockhill track featuring some of the fastest and loudest cars you’ll see at Knockhill this year; as round 4 and 5 take place over Saturday and Sunday. Once again the two Knockhill configurations will be utilised over two-days of competition (Reverse Saturday and Clockwise on Sunday). See the features tab for more info, but here’s a quick run through of what’s happening on the day:-
- Super Lap Scotland – Round 4 of the 2018 Series will take place on the anti-clockwise layout.
- British Sprint – The British Sprint competitors will embark on another anti-clockwise time-trial event behind the wheel of a mix of stunningly fast single seat racers from F1 style machines to Formula Fords
- Super Lap Scotland powered by Rockstar Energy Drink– Round 5 of the six round Championship featuring some of the fastest modified cars in Scotland, battling to put their hands on the 2018 title
- Scottish Legends - Racing on track, with three individual championship races set to take place on the day.
- British Sprint - The British Sprint competitors swap track configurations for Sunday's action as time-trial activity hits overdrive around Knockhill's famous twists and dips.
- Family Fun Day - this event will host an array of additional entertainment for families - more details announced in due course.
- Show Cars - A full on Japanese themed show car event that will attract some of the most popular Janapese built marques to Knockhill for a day of celebration and competition.
- *NEW* Rockstar Energy Chase Series - The pinnacle of the day, an all-or-nothing race open to all classes and based on a time aggregate format to ensure an open playing field.
What is it?– Super Lap Scotland is a very intense time-trial challenge event, where competitors compete throughout the day to post the fastest overall time in each of the seven classes. All classes are based on the power-to-weight ratio of each car and driver; which allows even the most modest of road cars the opportunity to compete against the super-tuned monsters out on track; with points awarded for qualifying positions and overall finishing positions in each class. Meaning that a class F competitor (least powerful) could easily take the overall Championship title from a Pro class competitor (most powerful) by scoring more points throughout the season, giving us an overall "King of Knockhill".
What will l see? – You’ll see highly-tuned machines (Pro class) tackle the twists and dips of the two Knockhill track configurations at blisteringly fast speeds, with each competitor looking to string together that ‘PERFECT’ lap and top the timesheets against all the competition. You’ll see a plethora of vehicles, all shapes and sizes, and you’ll see some mighty impressive engineering under the bonnet of popular marques like Subaru, Mitsubishi, Caterham, Vauxhall, Ford and many more.
Championship Rounds- This year’s SLS Championship will take place over six rounds, with all taking place at Knockhill; utilising both the International and Reverse tracks. At each event, we’ll also have additional features such as visiting race series, Car Trackday Sessions, Show Cars and Drag races; please see each individual round for full details on what’s featuring at that event.
- Saturday 21st July (Reverse)
- Sunday 22nd July
- Sunday 9th September
Who is it for? – The SLS Championship is for everyone - from individual racers/trackday enthusiasts looking for additional seat time, to men and women on the street looking to take their first step on track, or, for those looking to make their first foray into timed competition run under MSA rules. Our seven classes feature an array of vehicles from 1000bhp brutes down to standard road cars, driven to and from the circuit. Basically, if you own a car and want to compete on track, we’ll have a class that you can enter.
- A separate award for road-going cars competing in standard trim, taxed, MOT’d and driven to (and hopefully from) the venue. Tuning companies, car clubs or groups of drivers may also compete for the Team Trophy, consisting of teams of between 2 & 4 drivers.
Rules and Permits – The Super Lap Scotland Championship powered By Rockstar Energy Drink is officially recognised by the MSA and runs to Super Sprint Championship guidelines.
Sponsors - Now in its fifth year, Super Lap Scotland Championship is brought to you in association with the Knockhill Motor Sports Club and Track Scotland, with title sponsorship coming from Rockstar Energy Drink. SLS also receives valuable support from RA Motorsport, Clark Motorsport, Samsonas, Turbosmart, AET Turbos, Track Formula, Whiteline, Nolathane, Turner Autosport, ECU Master, FMIC.EU Performance, Toyo Tires, Opie Olis, Ignite and Meddicks Blacksmiths. Our sponsors are also a big part of the SLS scene, and regularly attend, compete and showcase their products at events. Make sure you come along to an SLS event and get some expert advice, tips and equipment from our SLS series sponsors.
How To Take Part: We've launched a new Online Clubstand System to give clubs complete control over their attendances at events. Club Admins can now create their own clubs and at a glance see how many of their members are signed up to events. Over time Knockhill will be adding more functionality to this system based on your feedback. For those already registered on the online system, you DO NOT need to register again. Simply login with your existing ID and password. To register simply follow the instructions below:
For Club Admins:
- Simply visit https://www.knockhill.com/clubstand/clubs/ and register your club.
- You will then be assigned a Club ID – please keep this safe as it will be needed by your members to sign up to the club.
- Simply pass on your Club ID to your members which they will input when registering online and therefore linking them to your club.
- Currently the only function of the admin page is to allow you to view the club members signed up for each event. We welcome any feedback you have on what you need from the system as admins. The goal is to make life easier for you all!
- Individuals who are not part of a club must sign up as an admin first and then as a member using the Club ID provided, so you can then book into events.
- Admins of car clubs must also sign up as a member using the steps below to confirm your own attendances.
For Club members:
- Visit https://www.knockhill.com/clubstand/members/ and click Register Here.
- Please remember to use the Club ID provided by your Club’s admin.
- After this you can now signup and buy tickets for the events using the individual event pages.
- We have also added a “Season Pass Holder” tick box in the ticket section, allowing Season Pass holders to register for an event without having to purchase a Showcar ticket.
If you have any questions or feedback please contact David Christie at firstname.lastname@example.org