Arranging a date for your experience
You can arrange your date by telephone or via our website. Prebooking is essential to avoid disappointment; all dates are subject to availability.
Your driving experience gift voucher is supplied with an expiry date; you can find this printed on your voucher or e-voucher. If you need to extend the date, you may do so for up to 6 calendar months. The cost to do this is £10 per additional month. Unfortunately we are not able to accept bookings after the 6 additional months.
Upgrading your voucher
You can do this easily at any time within the validity period of your voucher by calling the sales and booking team on 01383 723337 to discuss the options.
Making a cancellation to your booking
If you need to rearrange a confirmed date we are happy to do this for you at no extra charge on one occasion provided you give us 14 days notice. Cancellations made with less than 14 days notice will be charged at £20. If you do not attend your confirmed booking date a 50% additional rebooking fee will apply if you wish to reschedule.
For your peace of mind you can return your voucher to us within 7 days of receipt for a full refund. All refunds will be made to the person who purchased the voucher and will be refunded directly by the original payment method. After the 7 day period you may transfer the voucher to an alternative driver. A replacement driver will be accepted at any time up to the point of registration of your confirmed date. Alternatively, you can use the value of your voucher towards any other experience, event or product from Knockhill Racing Circuit. The original validity period will apply to the transferred event or experience.
Descriptions and timings
We aim to be as accurate as possible with our descriptions and durations. Where the duration of an experience is quoted in literature, on our website or by our sales and booking team, this is an approximate time and is given to you as a guide. You will normally take part in your experience along with other participants and coaching may be shared. There will be some waiting time included in the experience duration.
Although we are normally unaffected by the weather, there can be no guarantee that a date will not be withdrawn due to extreme/adverse weather conditions or any other event beyond our control. If we are unable to run your experience as arranged, we will attempt to contact you with as much notice as possible. Please ensure you have provided us with current mobile telephone numbers and email addresses. Your experience can be rearranged within 3 months of your original date or within the original validity period of your voucher.
What to Wear
For driving experiences, we recommend that you dress for outdoors and wear casual, comfortable clothing with flat soled footwear, jeans and trainers are ideal! High heels, sandals and flip flops are not permitted. We have waterproof suits available for rainy days if appropriate to your experience.
For Bike experiences, riders must wear full leathers, or a 2-piece leather suit which zips fully together, as well as helmet, boots & gloves. Helmets must have the gold ACU approved stamp. Some Kevlar/Textile suits approved by the EU will be allowed, back protectors are recommended. Equipment must be in good condition and fit for purpose. Track access may be refused if your equipment does not meet the minimum safety requirements.
Please arrive in plenty of time for your experience; late arrivals may invalidate your booking. It is essential that you attend the pre-driving safety briefing; this is for your safety and ultimately the full enjoyment of your day. Unfortunately pets and animals are not allowed at Knockhill at any time.
A full valid UK/European driving licence is required for all driving activities with the exception of Teen drive, Teen Drive 2 and Teen Rally.
For motorcycle activities you must hold one of the following licences and comply with the relevant regulations in order to take part: (1) A valid DVLA road licence which that is fully unrestricted (not provisional), issued by the DVLA (or the equivalent foreign licensing authority in the rider's country of residence) with the appropriate motorcycle category clearly indicated. (2) An SACU or ACU race licence. Licence holders under the age of 17 cannot participate in trackdays or experiences. Race licence holders aged 17 may participate on a motorcycle they are permitted to race as per the (S)ACU regulations (400cc).
If you are unsure about any part of your experience, please speak to a member of our team. We are here to help and ensure your visit to Knockhill exceeds your expectations.
All gift vouchers are fully transferrable and can be redeemed against any activity, experience, product or event for sale at Knockhill Racing Circuit Ltd. The value of which will be up to the stated monetary value of your purchased voucher.
Confirming your karting event
To secure your booking and track time a 50% deposit is required; this deposit is non-refundable and will be calculated against your confirmed numbers. The balance of your booking is payable on or before the start of your event. The full cost of the karting event is payable for all drivers who attend the pre-event briefing.
Changing the numbers for your karting event
It is possible to increase your numbers at any time before the event begins. We may require to extend the length of your visit to accommodate any extra drivers and this will be offered subject to track availability. If you wish to reduce your confirmed numbers, you will forfeit the 50% deposit paid for these drivers.
Exclusivity and descriptions
Your karting event may be shared with another group or groups of drivers. Group events booked with a minimum of 30 drivers and sprint races will be exclusive to you. We aim to be as accurate as possible with our descriptions and durations. Where the duration of an experience or is quoted in any literature or by us, it is an approximate time and given to you as a guide.
Although we are normally unaffected by the weather, there can be no guarantee that a date will not be withdrawn due to extreme/adverse weather conditions or any other event beyond our control. If we are unable to run your karting event as arranged, we will attempt to contact you with as much notice as possible. Please ensure you have provided us with a current mobile telephone number and email address. Your karting event can be rearranged within 3 months of your original date.
All karting gift vouchers are fully transferrable and can be redeemed against any activity, experience, product or event for sale at Knockhill Racing Circuit Ltd. The value of which will be up to the stated monetary value of your purchased voucher.
Driver guidelines for karting events
- All drivers are required to attend our pre event briefing and complete an indemnity form. Drivers under the age of 16yrs will require a parent or guardian to complete their indemnity form.
- We recommend that you dress for outdoors and wear casual, comfortable clothing with flat soled footwear - Jeans and trainers are ideal. High heels, platform soles, sandals, open toed shoes and work boots are not permitted.
- Each karting event has a minimum age and height specified for your safety and enjoyment.
- The physical design and size of our Karts may be a limiting factor for some drivers. If you are concerned about this you can visit us anytime pre event and become accustomed with our Karts and ensure you can safely operate the controls.
- It is really important that you arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the start time of your event; late arrival may invalidate your booking or reduce your track time.
- Cadet Karts are available for kids aged 8-11 years and a minimum height of 4'2" (127cm). Young drivers must be able to operate the pedals safely and satisfactorily. Pro Karts are available for junior drivers aged 12years plus and adults. The minimum height for pro karts is 5'2" (157cm)
- Karting is not recommend if you are pregnant, have heart or breathing difficulties, back or neck problems or are considered to have a nervous disposition.
- The use of alcohol or drugs prior to or during your karting event is strictly forbidden.
- We ask that all drivers conduct themselves in a reasonable manner both on and off track, any driver found to have caused damage or harm to equipment or other drivers will be excluded from the remainder of the event.
- Please take on board the instructions and advice from our staff, we are here to help and for your safety.