The KMSC bikes are back for the season finale as riders fight it out to secure the championships they have raced all summer for. We are delighted to be joined by the British F2 sidecars who will bring some intense racing, especially when it comes to the Jock Taylor Memorial race.
After the penultimate bike race meeting of the year, competitors will be eager to continue in their pursuit of the coveted KMSC and Scottish Championship titles - with races taking place on both days. Expect to see unbelievable 160mph bike racing as the class hopefuls race on track up to 5 times apiece over the weekend. In total, we’ll see upwards of 120 competitors fight it out throughout the seven different championships featuring super-fast Superbike and Clubman machines with 1000cc down to diminutive F125 class that sees kids as young as 12 compete on track. The season finale will also see the Jock Taylor Sidecar Trophy race up for grabs and we'll also be joined by the British F2 Sidecars - a fanastic addition to the competition line up.
Come to Knockhill and see the best bike racers in Scotland go head-to-head on track during a weekend-long programme of racing. You’ll see action from super-fast Superbikes, Clubman racers, 600cc racers all the way through to Formula 125 machines. We'll also have visiting action from the British F2 Sidecars and the prestigious Jock Taylor Memorial Race will once again take place around the undulating twists and dips of Knockhill.
A super-slick timetable will see the track action come thick-and-fast as up to seven different Championships race on the same day. A grand total of 32 races will be completed over the course of the weekend, make no mistake the action comes thick and fast... you’ll be blown away the first time you see a bike hurtle past at 160mph – never mind a full grid of them racing inches from each other. The admission price offers great value for money, with entertaining races on all day from 10am to 5pm. Our KMSC and Scottish Championship bike racing meetings are an action-packed spectacle suitable for families of all ages.
• Sidecars – The FSRA British Sidecar Championship is the most competitive and hard-fought championship in the UK - the Knockhill round will be the finale to their championship season. Not only will the pilots and passengers be chasing their own championship honours, but the winner of the Jock Taylor Memrial Race will secure the Jock Taylor Memorial Trophy - named after the late, great Jock Taylor - Scotland’s 1980 Sidecar World Champion.
• KMSC Superbikes and Clubman - Our Scottish/KMSC Superbike competitors will take to the track five times over the course of the weekend, aboard machinery boasting 1000cc and over. Our Clubman competitors will also join these races creating a race within a race.
• KMSC Formula 600 - The Scottish and KMSC Motorcycle Formula 600 Championship will see upwards of 30 racers take to the track aboard 600cc (and over) motorcycles. These race machines from the likes of Yamaha, Triumph, Kawasaki and Suzuki provide plenty of close-knit racing with the top finishers in class crossing the finishing line within seconds of each other.
• KMSC Lightweights - The Lightweight class is actually made up of several different classes – each competing for their own Championships that include – Mini Twin and Formula 400. Due to the differences and variety of bikes on show, there is always some really exciting racing, with passing moves galore throughout the field.
• KMSC Pre-Injection 600 - Like the Formula 600 machines, the Pre-Injection 600s also boast up to 600cc but are generally older spec machines. This class provides plenty of thrilling racing and offers a relatively cheap route into the world of bike racing. This class sees newcomers entering the fold each and every season and often sees its elite competitors progress onto the Clubman, Formula 600 or Superbike categories.
• KMSC Formula 125 - This is the class most connected with young racers. It’s for 125cc, production based motorcycles and is often the starting point for youngsters entering the sport. You’ll see young men and woman, as young as 12 years old, compete against each other at incredibly close quarters. This class is all about learning the track, improving times and improving race craft – yet still, maintains a real competitive edge to the racing.
• KMSC CB500 - This class has went under a transformation in the past few years. Re-introduced a few years back, this class has gone from strength to strength. We now regularly see over-subscribed grids with competitors needing to pre-qaulify just to make the grid. The parity of the bikes performance allows for great, close racing with championship battles regularly goiung down to the wire.
Sponsor A Knockhill Event
Our exclusive sponsorship opportunities allow brands to tap into our enthusiastic audience whilst enjoying a thrilling day of racing at Knockhill Racing Circuit. Our bespoke packages allow you to create a brand specific ‘Raceday’ experience for your clients or guests. Or, you can simply leverage Knockhill to gain more exposure for your brand or product.
Please get in touch by calling our team on 01383 723337 if you are interested in sponsoring one of our events. Associate sponsor packages also available.
• FSRA British F2 Sidecars
• Jock Taylor Memorial Race
• KMSC Superbikes and Clubman
• KMSC Formula 600s
• KMSC Lightweights
• KMSC Pre-Injection 600s
• KMSC Formula 125s
• KMSC CB500s
Please remember that Knockhill is an outdoor venue and you should dress appropriately for that. There can be changeable weather conditions therefore extra clothing and sensible footwear is advised, with trainer type shoes or walking boots preferred (no leather soles or high heels please).
Being on a hillside, the spectator bankings and some pathways are steep, so please take extra care when moving around the site. As we are a motorsport venue, no dogs are allowed on site apart from Guide Dogs. Additional clothing, hats, gloves and sun cream can be purchased from the Circuit Office should you require. We look forward to seeing you at Knockhill and very much hope you enjoy your visit.
We've a jam-packed season ahead, here are some other events you might be interested in attending.