Car racing is back for 2022. Buckle up and enjoy some great club racing at Knockhill
The return of full day SMRC racing to knockhill starts Sunday 10th April 2022.
With the introduction of the new BMW Junior race series for 14 - 17 yr olds it will give the SMRC race days a new look and feel to watch the new young talent shine through. The other classes will be around the paddock as they have been for many successful years to provide some close hard racing as the SMRC races days give you short, action packed races which give you as a spectator very little time to catch you breath, sit back trackside and enjoy
SMRC (Scottish Motor Racing Club) Racedays bring the local car racing scene to life with classes based around a long standing format which the club has run for many a year. For 2022 the introduction of the BMW Junior Series for 14 - 17yr olds will bring in new young racing talent.
With exciting qualifying sessions before a fast paced card of races these days are a great family spectator event. Pick your favourite spot around Knockhills famous circuit and listen to the live race day radio on 87.7fm as the professional commentary team keep you up to speed with all the breaking race action as it happens.
Visit the paddock and meet he stars that you watch on track and enjoy the atmosphere.
• The Celtic Speed Mini Cooper Cup - traditionally one of the most spectacular classes on the SMRC schedule, the Mini Cooper drivers will now share their races with Fiesta/Hot Hatch competitors. This should be great to watch with two individual races too keep track of for commentators and fans alike.
• The Scottish Citroen C1 Cup - City car racing up and down the country is on the upsurge and the SMRC was one of the first clubs to introduce an introductory and cost-effective class for racers looking for a financially viable route into motorsport - the C1 Cup offer this and the racing is great fun to watch too.
• The Scottish Classic Sports and Saloons Championship - Is a stalwart of the Scottish Motor Racing Club with drivers and fans drawn towards the nostagia of cars from the past. Classic racing is big business nowadays and the Classic Sports and Saloon competitors always put on a great show - whilst some of the machinery on show will take you back to the good old days... the racing is very much full-on and extremely competitive.
• BMW Junior Series - A new series designed to bring in young talent and keep an eye on budgets, to introduce the drivers to the big circuits and cars and watch then build their skills on track.
• Fiesta ST Championship - The Ford fiesta ST championship is the SMRCs longest running series which has used various versions of the famous hot hatch car. Fiesta ST racing is one of the biggest grids on the race day and sees some terrific dooor to door racing.
• National Formula Fords - The best in British Kent engined formula ford racing arrives at Knockhill in April. Cars which feature at the famous Fomula Ford Festival and Walter Hayes trophy race will be on track with us. stand back and be amazed with the skill and quality of these hard pushing drivers as they battle it out fior the famous David Leslie Trophy.
Sponsor A Knockhill Event
Our exclusive sponsorship opportunities allow brands to tap into our enthusiastic audience whilst enjoying a thrilling day of racing at Knockhill Racing Circuit. Our bespoke packages allow you to create a brand specific ‘Raceday’ experience for your clients or guests. Or, you can simply leverage Knockhill to gain more exposure for your brand or product.
Please get in touch by calling our team on 01383 723337 if you are interested in sponsoring one of our events. Associate sponsor packages also available.
• Scottish C1 Cup
• Mini Coopers
• Classic Sports & Saloons
• Scottish Legends Cars
• Fiesta ST
• New BMW Junior Championship
• National Formula fords
Please remember that Knockhill is an outdoor venue and you should dress appropriately for that. There can be changeable weather conditions therefore extra clothing and sensible footwear is advised, with trainer type shoes or walking boots preferred (no leather soles or high heels please).
Being on a hillside, the spectator bankings and some pathways are steep, so please take extra care when moving around the site. As we are a motorsport venue, no dogs are allowed on site apart from Guide Dogs. Additional clothing, hats, gloves and sun cream can be purchased from the Circuit Office should you require. We look forward to seeing you at Knockhill and very much hope you enjoy your visit.
We've a jam-packed season ahead, here are some other events you might be interested in attending.