Phone: 01383 723337
Dunfermline, Fife, KY12 9TF
Its round one with 28 races over the weekend for the Scottish and KMSC Cub Championship racers, from Superbikes to Sidecars its all covered this weekend.
The first bike race meeting of the year will see competitors itching to get things underway with Scottish Championship and KMSC races featuring on both days. Expect to see unbelievable 160mph bike racing as the class hopefuls race on track up to 4 times apiece over the weekend.
In total, we’ll see upwards of 130 competitors fight it out throughout the seven different championships featuring super-fast Superbike and Clubman machines with 1000cc, Sidecars, down to agile 300s class that sees kids as young as 12 compete on track.
The event format ensures a fast turn-around between races providing up to 8 hours of high speed, adrenaline filled action each day.
See the best bike racers in Scotland go head-to-head on track during a weekend-long programme of racing. You’ll see action from super-fast Superbikes & Clubmans, 600's, CB 500, Pre Injection, Sidecars - all the way through to Formula 300 bikes.
A super-slick timetable will see the track action come thick-and-fast as up to seven different Championships race on the same day. A grand total of 28 races will be completed over the course of the weekend, make no mistake the action comes thick and fast... you’ll be blown away the first time you see a bike hurtle past at 160mph – never mind a full grid of them racing inches from each other.
The admission price offers great value for money, with entertaining races on all day from 10am to 5pm. Our KMSC and Scottish Championship bike racing meetings are an action-packed spectacle suitable for families of all ages.
• KMSC Superbikes and Clubman - sponsored by Shirlaws - Our Scottish/KMSC Superbike competitors will take to the track five times over the course of the weekend, aboard machinery boasting 1000cc and over. Our Clubman competitors will also join these races creating a race within a race.
• KMSC Formula 600 - sponsored Kirkcaldy Kawasaki - The Scottish and KMSC Motorcycle Formula 600 Championship will see upwards of 30 racers take to the track aboard 600cc (and over) motorcycles. These race machines from the likes of Yamaha, Triumph, Kawasaki and Suzuki provide plenty of close-knit racing with the top finishers in class crossing the finishing line within seconds of each other.
• KMSC Lightweights - sponsored by AutoPerfekt - The Lightweight class is actually made up of several different classes – each competing for their own Championships that include – Mini Twin and Formula 400. Due to the differences and variety of bikes on show, there is always some really exciting racing, with passing moves galore throughout the field.
• KMSC Pre-Injection 600 - Like the Formula 600 machines, the Pre-Injection 600s also boast up to 600cc but are generally older spec machines. This class provides plenty of thrilling racing and offers a relatively cheap route into the world of bike racing. This class sees newcomers entering the fold each and every season and often sees its elite competitors progress onto the Clubman, Formula 600 or Superbike categories.
• KMSC Formula 300 - sponsored by Motorrad Central- This is the class most connected with young racers. It’s for 300cc bikes, production based motorcycles and is often the starting point for youngsters entering the sport. You’ll see young men and woman, as young as 12 years old, compete against each other at incredibly close quarters. This class is all about learning the track, improving times and improving race craft – yet still, maintains a real competitive edge to the racing.
• KMSC CB500s - sponsored by BWR Recycling - This class has went under a transformation in the past few years. Re-introduced a few years back, this class has gone from strength to strength. We now regularly see over-subscribed grids with competitors needing to pre-qaulify just to make the grid. The parity of the bikes performance allows for great, close racing with championship battles regularly goiung down to the wire.
• Marin Scottish Sidecars - With packed grids, the Scottish Sidecars have seen a huge resurgence in recent seasons and provide some of the best and most thrilling racing over the weekend. See rider and passenger combos battle the challenges of wresling their race machines round the twists and turns of Knockhill.
View downloadable content
Please remember that Knockhill is an outdoor venue and you should dress appropriately for that. There can be changeable weather conditions therefore extra clothing and sensible footwear is advised, with trainer type shoes or walking boots preferred (no leather soles or high heels please).
Being on a hillside, the spectator bankings and some pathways are steep, so please take extra care when moving around the site. As we are a motorsport venue, no dogs are allowed on site apart from Guide Dogs. Additional clothing, hats, gloves and sun cream can be purchased from the Circuit Office should you require. We look forward to seeing you at Knockhill and very much hope you enjoy your visit.
We've a jam-packed season ahead, here are some other events you might be interested in attending.