Get ready for our Armed Forces and NHS Appreciation race day with the SMRC featuring the first ever 90 minute C1 Cup endurance race - all taking part on the anti-clockwise International track.
A busy race day featuring a 90 minute Scottish C1 Cup race, Fiesta ST Cuo and Scottish Classics as they all do battle for the first time in 2022 on the anti-clockwise configuration track. This always throws up new winners and podium finishes which the unique challenges of the reverse direction track.
The event will also mark our 7th Armed Forces and our 2nd National Health Service Appreciation Day with all serving (Armed Forces / NHS) and veteran military personnel gaining FREE entry to the SMRC event. Any accompanying family members will also receive entry for the concession price.
Simply show your military or NHS identification at the gate (or some form of proof of service) to gain FREE admission. For other members of your party, concession tickets can be pre-booked online via the ‘Buy Tickets’ button, but will also be available at the gate.
SMRC race days have always been great value for money with plenty of variety on circuit. As well as enjoying all the thrills of qualifying, fans won’t have too long to wait for the action to kick-off on track.
Fans are be able to watch the competing series from various locations around the track, with compact grids the action should be as spectacular as ever as you take in the sights and sounds from Scotland’s National Motorsport Centre. Listen live on 87.7FM trackside.
• Scottish Mini Cooper Cup & Mini Cooper S Cup – The Mini Coopers and Cooper S's have provided the closest saloon car racing for over a decade as these identical evenly matched cars race wheel to wheel. Many drivers have successfully cut their teeth in this series and have gone on to race nationally.
• Scottish Fiesta ST Championship - A mainstay of the Scottish Motor Racing Club line up for more than 20 years, initially with XR2 race cars which spawned the likes of Ian Forrest, Rory Butcher and triple BTCC Champion Gordon Shedden. The series now consists of the Fiesta ST model powered by a 2 litre Duratec engine and offers a superb platform for newcomers and veterans alike to enjoy some healthy competition.
• The Scottish Classic Sports and Saloons Championship - Classic racing is very popular nowadays and the Classic Sports and Saloon competitors always put on a great show - whilst some of the machinery on show will take you back to the good old days... the racing is very much full-on and extremely competitive and often features classics from Porsche, MG, Lotus, Morgan and others.
• The Scottish C1 Cup - City car racing up and down the country is on the upsurge and the SMRC was one of the first clubs to introduce an introductory and cost-effective class for racers looking for a financially viable route into motorsport - the C1 Cup offers this and the racing is great fun to watch too. At this event, the cars will be taking part in a unique 90 minute format, some with solo drivers, some having shared drivers.
Sponsor A Knockhill Event
Our exclusive sponsorship opportunities allow brands to tap into our enthusiastic audience whilst enjoying a thrilling day of racing at Knockhill Racing Circuit. Our bespoke packages allow you to create a brand specific ‘Raceday’ experience for your clients or guests. Or, you can simply leverage Knockhill to gain more exposure for your brand or product.
Please get in touch by calling our team on 01383 723337 if you are interested in sponsoring one of our events. Associate sponsor packages also available.
• Scottish Mini Cooper Cup / Mini Cooper S Cup
• Scottish Classic Sports & Saloons Championship
• Scottish Fiesta ST Cup
• Scottish C1 Cup (90min endurance race)
• Plus our NHS & Armed Forces Appreciation Day
Please remember that Knockhill is an outdoor venue and you should dress appropriately for that. There can be changeable weather conditions therefore extra clothing and sensible footwear is advised, with trainer type shoes or walking boots preferred (no leather soles or high heels please).
Being on a hillside, the spectator bankings and some pathways are steep, so please take extra care when moving around the site. As we are a motorsport venue, no dogs are allowed on site apart from Guide Dogs. Additional clothing, hats, gloves and sun cream can be purchased from the Circuit Office should you require. We look forward to seeing you at Knockhill and very much hope you enjoy your visit.
We've a jam-packed season ahead, here are some other events you might be interested in attending.