It's the penultimate round for the SMRC racers which will also dovetail as our Armed Forces and NHS appreciation day. Plus we'll have a Mini Clubstand gathering in Paddock 3
The penultimate round of the Scottish Championship Car Racing meetings to take place at Knockhill in 2021. A revised timetable of racing classes will feature five of the SMRC’s most popular series race head-to-head on Sunday afternoon. Expect entertainment all the way as we run through a bumber 6 hour programme from 12pm. Gates open from 11am with the qualifying action kicking of the day's activities soon after for the five competing series on the day.
The event will also mark our 6th Armed Forces and our first National Health Service Appreciation Day with all serving (Armed Forces / NHS) and veteran military personnel gaining FREE entry to the SMRC event. Any accompanying family members will also receive entry for the concession price. Simply show your military or NHS identification at the gate (or some form of proof of service) to gain FREE admission. For other members of your party, concession tickets can be pre-booked online via the ‘Buy Tickets’ button, but will also be available at the gate.
As part of our Scottish Car Racing event on Sunday 10th October, to compliment the Mini Cooper Cup action on track we’ll also be hosting a display of iconic Mini road cars, both old and new. There will be Clubstands as well and individuals with their cars, all proudly gathering to show off their pride and joy Mini. Clubstand and individual entries are now available, simply book your tickets as normal but make sure you check the ‘I’m joining a Clubstand or showing my car at the event’ checkbox in-order to trigger the online registration for Clubstand entries. The iconic Mini is one of the most loved marques of motoring and this weekend we’re inviting all Mini owners to make their way to Knockhill to help celebrate this famous marque – whether you are part of a Club or just an individual who owns a Mini and who’d like to get involved.
SMRC race days have always been great value for money with plenty of variety on circuit. As well as enjoying all the trills of qualifying, fans won’t have too long to wait for the action to kick-off on track. We’ll still manage to amass a great deal of fast-paced frenetic action into the newly revised 6 hour schedule.
Fans will still be able to watch the competing series from various locations around the track, and with compact grids the action should be as spectacular as ever as you take in the sights and sounds from Scotland’s National Motorsport Centre
• Scottish Formula Ford Championship – Formula Fords have run in Scotland for over 50 years and is the premier single seater racing class in Scotland. These 1600cc race cars have championships across the world and provides the closest open wheeled racing in the country.
• Scottish Mini Cooper Cup – The Mini Coopers have provided the closest saloon car racing for over a decade as these identical evenly matched cars race wheel to wheel. Many drivers have successfully cut their teeth in this series and have gone on to race nationally.
• Scottish Fiesta ST Championship - A mainstay of the Scottish Motor Racing Club line up for more than 20 years, initially with XR2 race cars which spawned the likes of Ian Forrest, Rory Butcher and triple BTCC Champion Gordon Shedden. The series now consists of the Fiesta ST model powered by a 2 litre Duratec engine and offers a superb platform for newcomers and veterans alike to enjoy some healthy competition.
• The Scottish Classic Sports and Saloons Championship - Classic racing is very popular nowadays and the Classic Sports and Saloon competitors always put on a great show - whilst some of the machinery on show will take you back to the good old days... the racing is very much full-on and extremely competitive and often features classics from Porsche, MG, Lotus, Morgan and others.
• The Scottish C1 Cup - City car racing up and down the country is on the upsurge and the SMRC was one of the first clubs to introduce an introductory and cost-effective class for racers looking for a financially viable route into motorsport - the C1 Cup offers this and the racing is great fun to watch too.
Sponsor A Knockhill Event
Our exclusive sponsorship opportunities allow brands to tap into our enthusiastic audience whilst enjoying a thrilling day of racing at Knockhill Racing Circuit. Our bespoke packages allow you to create a brand specific ‘Raceday’ experience for your clients or guests. Or, you can simply leverage Knockhill to gain more exposure for your brand or product.
Please get in touch by calling our team on 01383 723337 if you are interested in sponsoring one of our events. Associate sponsor packages also available.
Please remember that Knockhill is an outdoor venue and you should dress appropriately for that. There can be changeable weather conditions therefore extra clothing and sensible footwear is advised, with trainer type shoes or walking boots preferred (no leather soles or high heels please).
Being on a hillside, the spectator bankings and some pathways are steep, so please take extra care when moving around the site. As we are a motorsport venue, no dogs are allowed on site apart from Guide Dogs. Additional clothing, hats, gloves and sun cream can be purchased from the Circuit Office should you require. We look forward to seeing you at Knockhill and very much hope you enjoy your visit.
We've a jam-packed season ahead, here are some other events you might be interested in attending.