Phone: 01383 723337
Dunfermline, Fife, KY12 9TF
A welcome return to Knockhill for the TCR Touring Car Championship which brings with it some fantastic added content. Chris Smiley won the 2022 championship and will defend his TCR crown coming back to Scotland where car racing started for him.
The British Racing Sports Car Club (BRSCC) is bringing around 180 competitors to Knockhill over the weekend of 22nd & 23rd July for one of the biggest and best National events in years. A quality programme will see 9 highly competitive championships take on the challenges of Knockhill.
Featuring alongside the headlining TCR - UK Touring Cars will be the hotly contested Nankang Tyre BMW Compact Cup, KMSC ModSports, Evolution Trophy, Audi TT Cup, BRSCC AIRTEC Motorsport Fiesta Championship & Fiesta Junior Championship, so non-stop action everywhere you look.
The BRSCC will bring top National championships to Knockhill, many for the first time. The TCR - UK is one of the fastest gowing Championships in the UK with around 25 top cars competiting in marques such as Cupra, Audi, VW, Hyundai, Honda, Subaru and others. The TCR championship is the same regualtions as adopted in many countries around the world with ex BTCC race winner Chris Smiley coming out victorious in the 2022 UK championship.
The event will feature a three race format with qualifying and one race on Saturday 22nd and a further two TCR - UK Touring Car championship races on the Sunday. To add to the spice and entertainment, there will be a grid walk immeditely preceeding the main Sunday race.
• TCR - UK Touring Cars - TCR championships run in many countries around the world with universal regulations that allow drivers to compete directly against each other without any changes to their cars. With over 33 drivers taking part in the 2022 championship at some point, it is anticipated that a grid of around 30 of these quality, professionally run Touring Cars will be battling door and to door handle in July.
BRSCC Evolution Trophy and BRSCC Audi TT Cup - Both brand new for 2023, more details will follow about these race series in due course. From early releases from the BRSCC, interest is high, so expect some highly competitive racing in both championships.
• Nankang Tyre BMW Compact Cup - since the series was formed, it has proven to be one of the most stable and popular championships in Britain, with grids of 25 plus cars at each meeting and a number of star drivers have tested their abilities in this class. This cost effective form of motorsport provides great tin-top racing and promises plenty of drama as the cars take to the unique Knockhill track.
• BRSCC AIRTEC Fiesta Championship - The BRSCC Fiesta Championship is a single-make tin-top championship dedicated to various models of the popular and much loved Ford Fiesta, one of the UK’s best-selling small cars of all time, as well as being a staple of British motorsport for more than 30 years.
• BRSCC Fiesta Junior Championship - Watch the racing stars of the future learn their craft in close and exciting junior racing in either the Fiesta Mk6 ST150 or Fiesta MK7 ST180 class. Youngsters will race head-to-head throughout the 2022 season which will see them compete at six different tracks with Knockhill being the penultimate event of the year - ahead of the season finale at Brands Hatch in October.
- KMSC Scottish ModSports Championship - This will be the biggest event so far for the Scottish competitors as they are a guest championship within this prestigeous event. Our usual drivers will taste a bit of the highlife as they share the weekend with one of the best National events seen at Knockhill in years.
• TCR-UK Touring Cars
• KMSC Scottish Championship ModSports
• Evolution Trophy
• Audi TT Cup
• Honda Civic Cup
• Nankang Tyres BMW Compact Cup
• AIRTEC Motorsport Fiesta Championship
• BRSCC Fiesta Junior Championship
Free TCR Touring Car Grid Walk on Sunday
Please remember that Knockhill is an outdoor venue and you should dress appropriately for that. There can be changeable weather conditions therefore extra clothing and sensible footwear is advised, with trainer type shoes or walking boots preferred (no leather soles or high heels please).
Being on a hillside, the spectator bankings and some pathways are steep, so please take extra care when moving around the site. As we are a motorsport venue, no dogs are allowed on site apart from Guide Dogs. Additional clothing, hats, gloves and sun cream can be purchased from the Circuit Office should you require. We look forward to seeing you at Knockhill and very much hope you enjoy your visit.
We've a jam-packed season ahead, here are some other events you might be interested in attending.