The championships are hotting up so buckle up, lights out, lets go racing !!
Its getting tense now, the 2nd last SMRC event of the season. Safe to say the SMRC racers will be out for blood as they look to sign off the season and mount that final bid to help them secure the championship before we head to the final round in October. Action on the day will see the usual classes - each with their own unique racing style from the bustling Minis to the spectacular Classics action. A day of entertainment and drama is guaranteed and we’d love for you to join us. SMRC events are a great day out for all the family.
SMRC racedays have always been great value for money and with our full day events for 2022 - this value will be even more evident. As well as enjoying all the thrills of qualifying, fans won’t have too long to wait for the action to kick-off on track.
Fans are still be able to watch the competing series from various locations around the track, and with compact grids the action should be as spectacular as ever.
• The Celtic Speed Mini Cooper Cup & Fiesta and Hot Hatch Championship - traditionally one of the most spectacular classes on the SMRC schedule, the Mini Cooper drivers will now share their races with Fiesta/Hot Hatch competitors. This should be great to watch with two individual races too keep track of for commentators and fans alike.
• The Scottish Citroen C1 Cup - City car racing up and down the country is on the upsurge and the SMRC was one of the first clubs to introduce an introductory and cost-effective class for racers looking for a financially viable route into motorsport - the C1 Cup offer this and the racing is great fun to watch too.
• The Scottish Classic Sports and Saloons Championship - Is a stalwart of the Scottish Motor Racing Club with drivers and fans drawn towards the nostagia of cars from the past. Classic racing is big business nowadays and the Classic Sports and Saloon competitors always put on a great show - whilst some of the machinery on show will take you back to the good old days... the racing is very much full-on and extremely competitive.
• The BMW Junior Championship - A new series designed to bring in young talent and keep an eye on budgets, to introduce the drivers to the big circuits and cars and watch then build their skills on track.
• Formula Fords - Cars which feature at the famous Fomula Ford Festival and Walter Hayes trophy race will be on track with us. Enjoy the only single seater race cars you will see on the day..
Sponsor A Knockhill Event
Our exclusive sponsorship opportunities allow brands to tap into our enthusiastic audience whilst enjoying a thrilling day of racing at Knockhill Racing Circuit. Our bespoke packages allow you to create a brand specific ‘Raceday’ experience for your clients or guests. Or, you can simply leverage Knockhill to gain more exposure for your brand or product.
Please get in touch by calling our team on 01383 723337 if you are interested in sponsoring one of our events. Associate sponsor packages also available.
• Scottish C1 Cup
• Mini Cooper
• Classic Sports & Saloons
• BMW Juniors
• Formula Fords
Please remember that Knockhill is an outdoor venue and you should dress appropriately for that. There can be changeable weather conditions therefore extra clothing and sensible footwear is advised, with trainer type shoes or walking boots preferred (no leather soles or high heels please).
Being on a hillside, the spectator bankings and some pathways are steep, so please take extra care when moving around the site. As we are a motorsport venue, no dogs are allowed on site apart from Guide Dogs. Additional clothing, hats, gloves and sun cream can be purchased from the Circuit Office should you require. We look forward to seeing you at Knockhill and very much hope you enjoy your visit.
We've a jam-packed season ahead, here are some other events you might be interested in attending.