Just before Christmas, the followers of Crash.net voted Honda Racings Gordon Shedden the top driver from the 2011 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship season after a year that saw the Scot finish second to team-mate Matt Neal in the title race.
Now, its time to reveal exactly how the votes panned out for the top 20 drivers in the championship, who were all eligible to win the Driver of the Year title, with each given a score out of ten by Crash.net readers before the average scores were used to decide your champion.
Shedden and second placed Frank Wrathall were comfortably clear at the top but behind them it was a close run thing in the race for third place between Neal, James Nash and Mat Jackson.
The full results, and the average score out of ten awarded by Crash.net readers, can be seen below…
The top ten:
1. Gordon Shedden Honda Racing 8.02
2. Frank Wrathall Dynojet 7.89
3. Matt Neal Honda Racing 7.12
4. James Nash Triple Eight 7.09
5. Mat Jackson Airwaves Racing 7.07
6. Jason Plato Silverline Chevrolet 6.51
7. Andrew Jordan Pirtek Racing 6.32
8. Paul O’Neill GoMobileUK.com with Tech-Speed 6.29
9. Rob Austin Rob Austin Racing 5.94
10. Tom Onslow-Cole AmD Milltek/Aon 5.82