Another weekend of thrill-a-minute motorsport beckons at Knockhill this weekend as we welcome the TCR UK Series for the first time. There is local interest with 4 Scots facing off against a European grid with entries from south or the border and abroad.
Headlining the event will be the TCR UK Series – heading to Knockhill for the 2nd round of their 2018 season. West Coast Racing’s Dan Lloyd took the opening two wins of the season ahead of Aiden Moffat and Andreas Backman at round one. Lloyd will back behind the wheel of his Volkswagen Golf GTi to fend of stiff competition from the Laser Tools Racing duo of Derek Palmer and Aiden Moffat, amongst others.
Click here for TCR UK preview piece
It’s a jam-packed weekend of racing featuring the following support classes:
– ALACO Motorsport Logistics Caterham Seven 270R Championship
– Avon Tyres National Formula Ford Championship
– BRSCC Mazda MX-5 SuperCup
– Toyo Tires Porsche Championship
– Avon Tyres Caterham Seven 420R Championship
– Santander Caterham Seven 310R Championship
– Draper Tools Caterham Roadsport Championship
There are also a number of special features to take note of:
– Race one for the TCR UK Series kicks off at 10.25am so early arrival is advised
– Both TCR UK races will see a FREE public grid walk take place where you can get up-close and personal with the drivers and their TCR machines ahead of the races
– Free weekend camping is available (please pre-book your space)
– There will also be support testing all week at Knockhill with the TCR Cars out on Friday to sample the Reverse Circuit. (Spectator admission to testing is free – tickets required for Sat and Sun).
Tickets for the event can be booked online via the Knockhill website (subject to advanced booking discounts). Alternatively, tickets will be available at the gate over the weekend of 12/13 May – subject to gate pricing.