We have an exciting opportunity to join the team at Knockhill Racing Circuit and be part of a fast moving and ever changing business! Do you have experience working with an e-commerce website? Are you passionate about keeping up with the latest technology? Do you strive to maximise the customer online experience and have ideas about how to engage customers and keep them coming back for more?
Knockhill Racing Circuit’s website is an essential part of the business for motorsport event promotion and ticket sales, driving experience days and voucher sales, trackday bookings and karting as well as general information sharing across the broad spectrum of the business. The website can vary by season with new events every year, flash deals, sale pages and special promotions. All of this means the web developer at Knockhill Racing Circuit has to have a good eye for detail, be adaptable, has innovative ideas to use new technology to enhance the visitor experience.
This role involves working directly with the event organisation team and experiences sales team to maximise all opportunities to ensure our online presence meets the expectation of our customer and helps our team stay ahead of the competition.
The web developer is responsible for designing, coding and managing websites, from initial layout through to shopping cart processes and e-commerce transactions. As well as dealing with the front end of the Knockhill public facing (websites), the role involves developing back end systems that supports integration with our internal ticketing and booking systems. You will be working alongside an experienced creative graphic designer and social media team, together you will be tasked with creating user friendly and appealing websites/campaigns using the latest technology.
· Candidate must have a strong understanding of LAMP (Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP)
· Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with PHP 7+, MySQL, Windows Web Services is essential, other skills required: OOP, HTTP / REST, Third Party API’s, SOAP, CRUD, Encryption.
· Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications whilst keeping customer data safe online.
· Experience in planning customer databases and working with software such as Mailchimp, ensuring we have a clear strategy for customer data that complies with GDPR guidelines.
· Work alongside the sales team to delve into analytic data to improve e-commerce transactions.
· The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
· You will be based at Knockhill Racing Circuit in Fife, therefore your own transport will be required.
To apply, simply email your CV with covering letter to email@example.com in the first instance.