It’s just 10 days to go to our inaugural Tartan Tarmac “Big Day Oot” on Sunday 22nd September – anyone can attend as you don’t have to follow or be a member of Tartan Tarmac to enjoy this special event – whether you want to get on track, show your car or attend as a spectator.
There are two options of attending with your car for static display and there is track time available too. If you want to attend the event and be part of the show car zone, then the link is https://www.knockhill.com/events/showcar-registration. If you wish to go on track then please use the link https://www.knockhill.com/trackdays/tartan-tarmac-track-day-21-22-Sep – (this includes your admission to the event for two people worth £30).
For spectators, here is a list of just some of the content at Knockhill on Sunday 22nd;
- Track time for a great range of sports, super and Hot Hatch cars alike. Always great fun and very entertaining to see the mix of cars on track
- Porsche gathering – a special display and feature of one of the worlds premier sporting brands.
- American Car Feature – back for a second year, Knockhill will have more chrome and fenders than ever as an impressive collection of American cars from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s will be on show.
- Music from CHERRY RED 53 to add a Rockabilly twist to the American twist to the American car gathering
- Colin McRae Rally Car feature – we are honoured to be displaying a number of Colin’s cars that took him on his road to winning the 1995 World Rally Championship
- Hovercraft display – see a static display of a hovercraft that will attempt to cross the Bering Strait later this year.
- Pirelli Formula One Sim – come and see if you are fast enough on the genuine ex F1 racing car simulator (donation to charity applies)
- Car v Bike Drag Race – which is faster off the line, a supercar or a superbike? At this event, you will find out!
- Scottish Motorsport Zone – want to start competing, marshalling or officiating at motorsport events? Well we will have a display of most Scottish motorsport disciplines so you can ask all the questions you want from each branch of the sport.
- BLONDIE! – In addition to Cherry Red 53, we will be hosting a series of bands playing live to entertain and to dance along too headlined by DIRTY HARRY PLAYING LIVE – Back by popular demand, the headline music act is one of the worlds top Blondie tribute bands – Dirty Harry. The band have appeared after our BSB and BTCC events before and were a huge hit playing all the number one tracks and many others made famous by Debbie Harry and her band Blondie.
- KEVIN CARMICHAEL STUNT SHOW – Kevin will entertain all with his dazzling car skills as he pirouettes his cars on a 5p piece and wows all driving on two wheels.
- FOOTWORK FORMULA ONE CAR demo – see and hear the raw power of a genuine Formula One car with an awesome Judd V10 engine tear up the tarmac at Knockhill.
Be part of the great family event, discount tickets can be purchased here http://www.knockhill.com/events/bigdayoot or will be available at the gate for £15 for adults, concessions £10 and under 12s and parking free.